Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Random Conversation

Tonight at the post office automated postage machine:
Middle aged guy: Whoa! You've got a lot of packages to mail.
Me: Yup. I can stop for a minute so you can do yours.
He proceeds to ask me about if I'm ebaying, ect. Very long conversation for someone I don't know.
He finishes his postage, puts his package in the mail box and starts walking to the door. I start working on my next package. He comes back to look for his recipt.
Middle aged guy: Whoa, did you see my receipt?
Me: Nope, sorry.
Him: Oh whoops! I guess it's in my wallet. That's what happens when you have a couple beers before going to the post office.

Is it strange to anyone else that he went to the post office buzzed? If you have time for several beers are your postal needs really that urgent?

No comments: