Monday, February 16, 2009

Odds and Ends

So Tim went on a ride-along with the potential city employer last Friday. He really liked the philosophy of the department of the department and the people. The next step is an interview when he turns in his background packet. After that it's a waiting game. We have no idea how long it might take for the department to investigate and review all three canididates.
I don't even really know how I feel about it all. It's Tim's dream to have a police officer position. In this economy there are hundreds of applicants for every position. I want him to be able to have his dream. But I'm also really scared to not have my safety net of most of my friends and family members with a 15 minute radius. Being an adult it's so much harder to make new friends! I like being able to have girls nights and playdates with my friends' kids on a regular basis. And it's not like 90 minutes is that far away, but in some ways it is.
Tim's dad is so excited about the job. He has it all planned out that once Tim has the job that we'll see them all the time since we'll be only about a half hour away. And I'll take classes at MSU to work on my doctorate. Sometimes I even wonder if he thinks we'll be building a house on their land like my brother in law and sister in law did. Tim and I have tentively decided we won't take any actions on moving until after he would be out of the probationary period, which would probably be next spring. Until then Carter and I will stay at home and Tim will commmute it and/or stay at his parents when he works. They do 10 hours shifts, so it will be less of an issue.

No comments: