Creating your own 1001 Day ProjectThe Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part). Why 1001 Days? Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organising and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.Some common goal setting tips:1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focussed. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.
My 101 Things in 1001 Days:
1. Try 20 new recipes
2. Start a cooking blog with the new recipes
3. Get a pedicure
4. Blog atleast once a week (0/140)
5. Paint my toenails and finger nails once a month (0/33)
6. Keep a notebook of favorite quotes and lyrics
7. Cook every day for a week, five times (0/5)
8. identify 25 things I like about myself [0/25]
9. Read the entire Bible
10. Have a "girls' night" 10 times [0/10]
11. Get a massage
12. Donate 100 items to Charity (0/100)
13. Donate 1,000,000 grains of rice (1500/1,000,000)
14. Get back in touch with someone I've lost contact with
15. Make cookies for someone just because.
16. Give 5 homemade gifts or cards [0/5]
17. All Goals not completed by Wednesday, October 5, 2011 will cost me $3 to be donated to charity.
18. Make a new friend
19. Rent and watch 5 classic movies (0/5)
20. Finish 5 already started sewing projects (0/5)
21. Read one book a month (0/33)
22. Host a dinner party
23. Watch 101 movies in one year.
24. Use our crock pot 10 times
25. Create a recipe book of family recipes
26. Listen to 100 songs/pieces of music by a singer/band/composer I've never heard before. (0/100)
27. Rewatch all Gilmore Girls Episodes
28. Rewatch Sex in the City Episodes
29. Take a cake decorating class
30. Make 2 quilts
31. Take a cooking class
32. Sell something on etsy
33. Finish wedding scrapbook
34. Lose ten pounds (0/10)
35. Do 100 sit ups every other day for a month.
36. Run a 5K.
37. Drink only water (96 oz) and milk (3 glasses)-no juice or pop-for one month (0/30)
38. Take a multivitamin every day for 30 days (0/30)
39. No eating after 8pm for 2 weeks
40. Learn CPR
41. Get my eyes checked
42. Go to a drive in movie
43. Have a date night once a month (0/33)
44. Play Mini-Golf
45. Have a romantic Valentine’s dinner–in or out!
46. Go camping
47. Go on a bike ride
48. Have a picnic
49. Get Carter on a nap schedule
50. Do a home “photo session” every other month (0/16)
51. Get up to date on his scrapbook
52. Read 1001 books to him. (3/1001)
53. Get him a passport
54. Build a sand castle.
55. Build a snowman
56. Take pictures with said snowman
57. Frame a picture of Carter
58. Use our new bike carrier 5 times (0/5)
59. Spend one day a week with my grandparents (0/140)
60. Send one card a month to an older relative (0/33)
61. Host a holiday
62. Take a family picture
63. Clean out my closet
64. Find a new shower curtain for the bathroom
65. Organize all of my craft supplies
66. Have a garage sale
67. Organize photos properly
68. Touch up paint in our bedroom
69. Save up for closing cost for a new house
70. Apply for 100 jobs (or until I find one) (3/100)
71. Revise my resume
72. Make natural cleaning products
73. Switch all of our Christmas lights to LED
74. Visit the Mill City Museum
75. Visit the Minnesota History Museum
76. Take a roadtrip
77. Get something from Etsy
78. Go back to Mexico
79. Pay off both cars
80. Remember to bring my camera to at least 5 occasions (0/5).
81. New tires for my car
82. Sell 100 items on ebay
83. Go to the Como Zoo 3 times (0/3)
84. Watch a sunrise
85. Watch a sunset
86. Giveaway any book that I won’t read again
87. Sing karaoke
88. Make $500 on ChaCha
89. Write 101 comments on other people’s blog
90. Post updates on the blog every week tracking my progress
91. Make a will
92. Have 500 dollars in the bank by end date
93. Go to Minnehaha Falls
94. Go to a water park.
95. Go to the Minneapolis Institute of Art
96. Visit the Bell Musuem
97. Go to a live comedy show
98. Buy a swimsuit
99. Go on a boat
100. Improve my scores on the GRE
101. Go to a Ballet