Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Strawberry Muffins




We're big breakfast fans around here.  And since baking is one of my favorite stress relievers/procrastination tools, I'm almost always up for trying something new.  Last week when I made blueberry muffins, Carter requested that I make strawberry muffins next. 


Strawberry Muffins
(Based on this recipe for Allrecipes.com)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries (I diced into 1/8th)

Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Line muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
  3. Combine oil, milk, and egg.  Add flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.  Fold in strawberries.               
  4. Fill muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar (optional)
  5. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch.                 



My critics said they were delicious!

No comments: