We're big breakfast fans around here. And since baking is one of my favorite stress relievers/procrastination tools, I'm almost always up for trying something new. Last week when I made blueberry muffins, Carter requested that I make strawberry muffins next.
(Based on this recipe for Allrecipes.com)
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped strawberries (I diced into 1/8th)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line muffin tray with muffin liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, milk, and egg. Add flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Fold in strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups. Sprinkle with sugar (optional)
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until the tops bounce back from the touch.
My critics said they were delicious!