Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and more

We had Thanksgiving dinner this year at my aunt and uncle's house. Being we didn't have to be there until after 5pm, we had fed and bathed Carter and put him in his pjs before we left the house. I also had packed my bag to be ready to go shopping with my friends at 10pm. Instead of grabbing the diaper bag, I grabbed my bag for shopping. We didn't realize this mistake until after we had already got there. Whoops! Luckily my smart thinking parents remembered that Walgreens was open, so we were able to avoid making a 45 minute each way trip back to our house to get diapers and formula. I can't believe I did something so stupid!

Shopping was great! The outlet mall opened at 10pm Thursday night, so we hit that first. I got some good deals on clothes for myself at the Gap outlet, a new winter coat from the Columbia outlet, and some great deals at the Carter's outlet for Carter (50% off storewide +10%off + 20% off coupon. Love it!) We shopped there until 3am. And then we drove back to the cities and did Herberger's (never again, their coupon was a joke!), Kohl's (Longest line ever!) and Best Buy (we drove to a more obscure one and it was dead.). I ended up getting 90% of the Christmas shopping completed.

After I got home from shopping Tim and I packed up and headed down to his parents house to spend the weekend/for my niece Lauren's baptism. I went to bed at 7pm, since I was so tired from not sleeping the night before. Tim took care of Carter's night feedings and let me sleep. I so needed it!

We are learning how difficult it is to travel with small children. First of all, packing is a pain. At 4 months old he still needs a million things packed. Bottles, diapers, at least two outfits a day in case of spit ups/accidents, and toys and other items to keep him entertained. Now that he's started food, we also need rice cereal, bowls, spoons, and a little cooler packed with his baby food. I can tell we'll definitely need a bigger car before we have a second baby. Second, now that Carter is somewhat on a schedule, he hates change that schedule. If we eat dinner at my parents house and he's not in his jammies by 7pm, he freaks out. He's a definite homebody and does not sleep well when he's not at home. Lack of sleep=crabby baby= crabby mommy who has to get that baby back onto a schedule again.

I'll probably write more about our weekend on Monday when we're home again.

No comments: