Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Night Reflections

Well I survived another long day with Carter. Tim worked from 6am to 2pm and then went out to volunteer from 6pm to midnight, which makes for a long day for him and an even longer day for me. I love being able to spend this much time with Carter, but the days do seem a lot longer now that it's cold out. I'm trying to come up with a list of places/things Carter and I can do for free or almost free during the day. Right now we have MOPS on two Thursdays a month and I think I might add ECFE on Wednesday mornings starting after Christmas.
We've also been trying to go and hang out with my grandparents a couple hours a week too. They love seeing Carter and it seems to keep their spirits up during this difficult period. My uncle Mark is dying of brain cancer. The one good thing that has come out of it all is to see how many peoples' lives he's managed to touch. One of his friends who had been battling a drug addiction, has been clean since my uncle was diagnosed with cancer. Another one of his friends who struggles being bipolar is taking his meds regularly now. In his many years teaching art in the Minneapolis schools, he has touched so many of his students' lives.
And I can certainly say that our holidays will never be as exciting without Mark. He was always the one to come up with something interesting to do. And nobody else will be a cheese plate tour of the world (and spend a couple hundred dollars which he probably shouldn't have on cheeses).

No comments: