Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Goals and Plans

Carter has slept in until 7:30 two days in a row now. I'm hoping this is a trend that will continue. Now if only I could sleep until then too. I can't seem to sleep past 6am anymore. On the bright side, I get a lot done between 6am and 7:30. I've definitely learned to enjoy the peace and quiet.
My goal right now is to work on eating healthy and losing some weight. I hate to even throw the word diet out there. I joined a group on the nest and am using a online website to help count calories-wise and nutritionally how I am doing. Today is only day two, but I'm feeling really inspired to be successful at this. My goal is to try to lose 5 pounds between now and Thanksgiving, and maintain that during the rest of the holiday season. After the New Year, I would like to try to lose another 15 pounds to reach my long term goal.
The other goal that I've been thinking about is trying to run a 5K. I'm not a runner and have never been a runner, but there's something about that a 5K that seems very achievable. I'm still thinking about if, when, and where I would do this.

No comments: