Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cleaning SOS

I had been hearing about the Fly Lady cleaning program on the nest, so I decided to finally check it out today. I knew it was the right thing for me when on the welcome page I read, "Are YOU living in CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) like Franny in the pink sweats? Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don't know where to start? Don't worry friend, we've been there, too."
So I decided to sign up and check it out since it was free. The first day's assignment was to clean your kitchen sink. Pretty easy. And she actually gave some ideas to get them extra clean. (Not sure why I had never thought about using steel wool to clean our stainless steel sink, but it worked amazingly well.) I peeked at Day 2 and Day 3 and I think I'm pretty safe to skip ahead to Day 3. Day 2 just talks about getting up and dressed for the day. Since I've always done that, I don't think that's much of an issue.
I'll try to update on how I'm doing. My clean sink did inspire me to get my kitchen clean. So already I can say it's doing some positive things.

No comments: