Friday, October 16, 2009

Banana Pancakes

After seeing a recipe for banana pancakes on one of my favorite blogs, http://www.beautyandbedlam.com/, I decided to see if I could adapt my recipe to add banana. Check out Jen's blog if you get a chance. She never fails to amaze me on her cooking, thrifting, and crafting abilities.

Banana Pancakes
2 cup all-purpose flour
4 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk (I like to use skim)
2 ripe bananas, mashed with fork
1/2 cup cooking oil

1. In mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder,baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In another mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, bananas, and cooking oil. Add to flour mixture. Stir just until combined still slightly lumpy.
2. Cook on lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium heat until pancake is bubbly and edges are slightly dry.

I like to serve these with chocolate chips. They are delicious! It is possible to take out the egg if you have an allergy. (I learned this by accident when I forgot to add them one day) Add a little more milk if it looks to thick.

No comments: