Tuesday, November 13, 2012

12 Projects of Christmas: Wood Ornaments


One of my goals for myself is to complete 12 projects before Christmas and blog about them.  I'm going to try to involve my kids whenever possible.  They love to help.  By involving them in creating gifts for our friends and family, they can learn how much fun it can be to give (especially something you worked hard to make!).

On pinterest, I saw a cute project Mod Podge, scrapbook paper, wood ornaments likes these.

My local Joann's and Michael's didn't have anything similar and I didn't want to wait to get them from some place online.  So instead I found some wooden stars in the regular wood cut-outs sections.  After attempting the original project by myself, I decided it would be too frustrating for the kiddos.  So I replaced it with washable markers.  I also had picked up a couple packs of assorted ornament shapes to color.  (My 4

          
It was easy enough that Jack, my two year old, was able to participate.  Carter, my four year old, was busy working on his ornaments for over an hour.  

I plan on using them as gift tags for our presents this year.  

1 comment:

leah @maritalbless said...

Jen! Were you with your Mom? Was it by the elevators? I remember someone giving me a knowing smile and thinking, "Do I know that person? They seem to know me? That's more than just a general smile." I was SO stressed! My Jeep battery was dead and I was having to do all of our last minute purchases hours later than anticipated.