Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fabric by Fabric: One Yard Wonders

One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Fabric Projects; Look How Much You Can Make with Just One Yard of Fabric! is a fairly popular book in the craft world.  I've looked at it at Barnes and Noble almost every time I've been there in the last year.  I was super excited to discover that they had a sequel called Fabric-by-Fabric One-Yard Wonders: 101 Sewing Projects Using Cottons, Knits, Voiles, Corduroy, Fleece, Flannel, Home Dec, Oilcloth, Wool, and Beyond.  I borrowed a copy of it from the public library, but I think I'm going to need to spend the money to buy it because there are so many fun projects I'd love to make. 



The pictures are gorgeous!  Which for me, is the deciding factor whether or not I should buy a craft/sewing book.  Most of the instructions are only 2-3 pages long with plenty of diagrams, so that even directionally challenged crafters like me can follow them.  The authors, Rebecca Yaker and Patrica Hoskins (one of the owners for Crafty Planet) are both from Minnesota. 


Check it out if you're looking for some new project ideas. 


(I was not asked by anyone to write a review for this book, I just really love it!)


No comments: