Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Milk

The important thing is not that we can live on hope alone, but that life is not worth living without it. - Harvey Milk

I guess the history I learned in school was missing some major gaps because I can say I know very little about GLBT history, or pretty much anything more than a couple paragraphs on any minority group. So I really can't tell you how historically correct the movie was. I found the movie very powerful. It made me want to try to fill in those gaps of history that I never learned.
I highly recommend it.

The other inspirational movie that I watched last night was "The Pursuit of Happiness". I had heard this one was good, and it lived up to the reviews. Being another true story, I think I'd like to find more about how things actually happened.

It's been great to see some truely inspiring movies that aren't sappy.

No comments: